Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Creamy Tomato Chicken (low carb / p2)

I've been craving a 'creamy' sauce lately and, as I'm currently doing HCG and in phase 2, I can't have any cheese.  Technically even the Greek yogurt in this recipe is somewhat 'rogue' (for the HCG diet) but the brand I use is higher in protein and since it's plain, there are no added sugars or anything.  All of the spices really are optional and you can use them in the amounts that you want to (to taste) but I've come up with this recipe and I really like it for a 'creamy' sauce.

Creamy Tomato Chicken

5 chicken breasts
1 large can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil leaves
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder, optional

Combine tomatoes, Greek yogurt and spices, mixing well.  
Place chicken in a crockpot or in a glass baking dish.
Pour sauce over the top.
Bake in crockpot for 4-6 hours on low heat (or however long you want pretty much).
Or bake in oven at 350* F for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until meat is cooked.

Creamy Tomato Chicken (low carb / p2)

No comments:

Post a Comment