Friday, October 3, 2014

Dog Cookies (for Dogs!)


I'm wanting to bake and I forgot that I had decided (in my head) that I was going to make some cookies for someone I know...  Yeah, I'm seriously that forgetful.  I ended up coming up with a recipe for dog cookies instead.  My dog is fairly picky but I wanted to make something he might like and he ate them!!  My sister's dog (who is much less picky) loved them!!  So, here it is...

Dog Cookies!
Dog Cookies (savory & full of dairy)

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup Vita-Gravy for dogs (dry mix - or you can just use Brewer's Yeast)
1 egg 
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp butter, softened (or non-butter equivalent)
opt. 1 tsp. powdered barley grass (just because I had it and figured it would be good for them)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350* F.  Combine all dry ingredients.  Mix thoroughly.  Add egg.  Add in wet ingredients.  Mix well.  
Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Pour or spoon batter in dollops like you would regular cookies.  Mine made about 12 good sized 'cookies'.  If you have a smaller dog, you may want to make them smaller.


Right out of the oven!


Garnished with cheddar cheese
(because our dogs love cheese!)


No comments:

Post a Comment