Monday, September 29, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Quiche (crustless & low carb)

I haven't actually made this recipe but I want to.  I'm not sure where I found it either so I can't give credit where credit is due at the moment.  Forgive me.  Just know that it isn't my recipe and I haven't made it yet.  

Chicken Enchilada Quiche

4 eggs
1 cup milk (half & half or heavy cream will work also)
1 cup salsa (make sure there's no added sugar!)
1 can (4.5 oz) green chilies
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can chicken breast in water, drained (or fresh cooked & shredded chicken breasts would be a better option)
pepper, to taste
sour cream, salsa and guacamole as optional toppings

Directions

Preheat oven to 350* F.
Use a deep dish glass pie pan if possible and grease it.
Whisk milk and eggs together until blended.  Add remaining ingredients to the egg mixture and stir well until fully combined.
Pour into pie pan and sprinkle with pepper (or more cheese!) if so desired.
Bake for 55-65 minutes (it's recommended that you put a cookie sheet under the pie pan as original post mentioned they've had this quiche spill over a few times in the oven).
Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Add optional toppings if desired.

Once I've made this, I'll be sure to re-post with pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment